Our core programs help parents and educators balance their inner and outer lives. We offer caregivers:
- An understanding of how stress affects health and performance
- Relaxation techniques and self-care tools to effectively manage stress.
- Opportunities to reflect on the meaning of their work in the company of like-minded colleagues.
- Techniques to create caring classroom communities that nurture the whole child
Weekend retreats introduce educators to strategies for staying calm, strong, and creative amidst the stresses of work and life. Participants take home practical tools for keeping alive a sense of purpose in their work. Retreat facilitators can be found here.
We offer professional development workshops at schools on the following topics:
- Anger Management: Cues, Triggers and Reducers
- Conflict Resolution in Everyday Life
- Educating the Heart: The Concepts and Skills of Emotional Intelligence
- Self-Care Techniques for Stress Management
- Stress Reduction Through Gentle Stretching and Creative Movement
- Talking to Children in a Climate of Uncertainty
- Towards a New Literacy of Technology and Media:
What Schools Can Do
Nurturing the Inner Life Series
Through interactive exercises, individual reflection and small group discussion, educators explore the skills needed to stay centered in times of stress. This four-part monthly after-school group is hosted at our downtown training space in an atmosphere of safety and relaxation. Nurturing the Inner Life is facilitated by Linda Lantieri and Charlotte Malkmus.
Parent workshops help caregivers strengthen their own resilience and better understand the stresses affecting today’s children. We offer workshops on a variety of topics, including:
- Building Emotional Intelligence
(based on Linda Lantieri’s book)
- Violence in the Media
- Anger Management
- Bullying & Cyberbullying
- Difficult Conversations with Children
Through techniques including progressive muscle relaxation and mindfulness practices, our k-8 curriculum helps teachers create the optimal learning environment in their classrooms by teaching students how to:
- Calm themselves when upset
- Relax their bodies and minds
- Enhance their attention skills
Our curriculum comes with a CD of guided practices for use in the classroom. We offer training and follow-up support in our curriculum to teachers and counselors